Partnerships Incubator - New Business Development Advisor (Eastern and Southern Caribbean)
Position: New Business Development Advisor (Eastern and Southern Caribbean)
Anticipated Start Date: o/a December 15, 2022
Location: Barbados or Remote (with travel)
Project: USAID’s Partnerships Incubator
Contract Duration: December 15, 2022 – June 30, 2023
Level of Effort: 200 hours (with possibility for increase)
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Kaizen Company is seeking applications for the position of New Business Development Advisor for the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Partnerships Incubator. We encourage candidates who are based in Barbados/the Caribbean region to apply, but will consider remote candidates who are willing to travel to Barbados/the Caribbean region to engage directly with partner organizations.
About the Partnerships Incubator
The Partnerships Incubator seeks to support USAID Missions and Operating Units in their work with new, local, and nontraditional partners by building the capacity of potential or current partners to implement USAID awards.
The New Business Development Advisor is a part-time consulting position for the Partnerships Incubator. S/he will:
- Advise and assist partner organizations on resources, tutorials, and best practices for developing successful proposals for USAID-funded projects.
- Review partner systems (i.e. processes, allocation of responsibilities, procedures, etc.), for new business development, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Advise partners how to delegate responsibility within their organizations in order to manage new business development efforts.
- Advise partners on their organizational business development strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ (minimum) experience.
- Experience managing USAID-funded proposals for an implementing partner is required.
- Strong English language skills are required.
- Demonstrated track record implementing training/workshops and/or designing training modules.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to think strategically and plan for tactical execution.
- Experience working with regional organizations and/or multilateral institutions preferred.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional capability to conduct industry research, identify best practices, and customize solutions to audience needs.
- NGO and/or USAID or other donor international (field) experience desired.
Qualified applicants should send a resume/CV with a cover letter outlining qualifications by December 2, 2022 via the link provided. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.