Data Visualization Specialist
Total Estimated Days for Assignment: 30 days
The USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (The Activity) is designed to ensure USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA). The Activity helps USAID/Jordan create a dynamic learning environment among development actors which is focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. The Activity provides capacity building, learning opportunities, and trainings to USAID/Jordan Implementing Partners, USAID/Jordan Staff, the Government of Jordan (GOJ), Local MEL Organizations and MEL professionals aimed at building an effective, self-reliant and sustainable MEL ecosystem in Jordan. Based on identified needs, the Activity team conducts trainings on MEL, organizational development, and other topics as professionals and organizations identify similar needs.
USAID/Jordan is commissioning a large-scale survey of Jordanian adults (“General Population Survey” or “Survey”) to collect Mission project/activity performance data. USAID/Jordan designed this Survey to support its learning and decision making by providing a better understanding of the context in which its projects/activities are implemented, offering its implementing partners data which were critical to their activity planning and implementation, as well as exploring determinants of indicator performance from the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) 2020 - 2025.
USAID/Jordan recently requested the Activity to conduct a second round of the General Population Survey. This second round of the Survey will address the following Development Objectives from the CDCS 2020 - 2025:
● DO 1: Inclusive private sector-led growth
● DO 2: Jordan's ability to improve its water security strengthened
● DO 3: Equitable, democratic governance strengthened
● DO 4: Human potential accelerated
● DO 5: Agency and leadership of women and youth enhanced.
The Activity is seeking a Data Visualization Specialist to lead the design of materials that will support in the depictions of the Survey findings in order to facilitate USAID/Jordan’s ability to apply the findings to its decision making and bolster data utilization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Review background documents to better understand the Survey’s scope and key requirements. These documents include but are not limited to the previous General Population Survey Report 2019, previous data sheets/analysis, Survey data collection instruments, and the Design Document. The previous General Population Survey report is available online here.
- Produce a variety of visuals (e.g., infographics, posters, illustrations, presentations, and interactive materials) depicting the Survey findings that are responsive to USAID/Jordan’s learning needs and will facilitate the application of findings for decision making for program adjustments and development of new programs. The Data Visualization Specialist’s work will complement the Survey’s narrative about the analyzed data and expand the users’ understanding of the findings.
- Experience working with USAID-funded activities or knowledge of USAID Marking and Branding Guidelines and Graphics Standards Manual preferred
- Highly motivated and flexible in working with team members in different time zones and with tight and shifting deadlines. Comfortable with rapid back and forth exchanges among team members.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.