The Accounts Payable team member reports to the Finance and Accounting Director and performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties related to Kaizen’s contracts with federal and private-sector customers. This position is responsible for the payment of vendors, the follow-up on any discrepancies or vendor concerns, assisting the Finance and Accounting Director with monthly close, and generating relevant reports such as outstanding travel advances and following up on coding and payment of vendor invoices. The Accounts Payable role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to maintain and enhance accounting systems and to grow with The Kaizen Company.
- Review and process monthly invoices from Kaizen’s US-based subcontractors and vendors, ensuring accurate coding and booking of costs in accordance with USAID regulations and Kaizen & Tetra Tech policies
- Maintain vendor master files
- Process field office wire transfer requests
- Review corporate credit card transaction coding for accuracy and completeness
- Review home office travel advances and expense reports
- Reconciliation of select GL accounts
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of international payroll firm advances
- Day-to-day supervision of Accounts Payable Clerk
- Troubleshoot accounting and finance questions from the home office as needed.
- Utilize Oracle, Costpoint and Microsoft Excel to perform duties and responsibilities
- Review and follow up on vendor aging analysis
- Assist with special accounting projects, including annual audits, as requested
- Organize and maintain retention files for required period of time
Qualification and Requirements:
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field OR 1-3 years of directly relevant experience (bookkeeping, accounting or accounting support role
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with federal clients, including USAID and the Department of State preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency using Oracle and Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter; strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- High-level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Kaizen employees
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. (At this time, we are only considering candidates based in the U.S.)
Note: We may hire multiple candidates from this recruit, and may hire at different levels of seniority, based on candidate experience.
Salary range: $61,000-$89,000
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.