Operations Coordinator (Short-Term)
About The Kaizen Company
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity Overview
The Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (“the Activity”) is designed to ensure USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach (CLA). The Activity helps USAID create a dynamic learning environment among development actors focused on innovation, quality Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) practices, and knowledge sharing. Through the Activity Accelerator, a rapid procurement mechanism, a cohort of Jordanian firms work with the Activity team to successfully deliver projects while simultaneously strengthening their management and compliance systems. This approach provides USAID with high-quality MEL services across its portfolio, builds the capacity of local MEL organizations, and ensures USAID programs meaningfully empower and enhance local participation. The Activity team ensures program sustainability by building the technical and institutional capacity of one or more local organizations to be capable of managing the MEL contract that follows the Activity.
Background and Objectives
The Activity is currently seeking a short-term technical assistance (STTA) Operations Coordinator from April 2022 to July 2022 based in Amman, Jordan. The Operations Coordinator is part of the operations team and will carry out duties to meet the objectives of the project and cover the maternity leave for the Operations Coordinator. The STTA Operations Coordinator will perform under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Manager.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Facilitate efficient coordination and logistics for meetings, conferences, workshops, retreats, and trainings for project activities.
- This support can include generating registration links and RSVP management, venue/vendor coordination, coordination regarding the design, procurements, and printing, and management of the registration table and meeting rooms.
- Prepares petty cash transactions, count, and replenishment related to all Activity procurements.
- Oversee and maintain office cleanliness, office equipment repairs, and maintenance, including IT services.
- Coordinate and manage office travel plans, schedules, and transportation.
- Provide oversight in the management of vehicle repairs and maintenance, fuel card, fuel consumption analysis, and vehicle monthly report.
- Assist with the coordination and support of the MEL conference (May 23-24, 2022), including technical support for the attendees (registration, training materials, and IT coordination).
- Maintains the Activity asset tracker.
- Provide general office support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, international development, international relations, or a related field.
- At least two years of progressively responsible relevant work experience.
- Spoken and written fluency in Arabic and English.
- Jordanian citizen or Jordanian residency required.
- USAID experience is a must
- Experience in office administration and logistical support, including for large-scale events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.