Partnerships Incubator - Executive Coach (El Salvador)
Position: Executive Coach (El Salvador)
Anticipated Start Date: o/a December 15, 2022
Location: El Salvador or Remote (with travel)
Project: USAID’s Partnerships Incubator
Contract Duration: December 15, 2022 – June 30, 2023
Level of Effort: 80 hours (with possibility for increase)
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Kaizen Company is seeking applications for the position of Executive Coach for the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Partnerships Incubator. We encourage candidates who are based in El Salvador to apply, but will consider remote candidates who are willing to travel to El Salvador to engage directly with partner organizations.
About the Partnerships Incubator
The Partnerships Incubator seeks to support USAID Missions and Operating Units in their work with new, local, and nontraditional partners by building the capacity of potential or current partners to implement USAID awards.
The Executive Coach is a part-time consulting position for the Partnerships Incubator. S/he will:
- Conduct in-depth interviews with the Executive Director(s) of local organizations in El Salvador to discuss their actual (versus assumed or written) role and responsibilities - including level decision-making authority, oversight and dynamics within the organization and role with regard to their board/sponsor organization.
- Review and assess their role and effectiveness with their staff (including staff interviews and using existing leadership assessment tools).
- Partner with the Executive Director to provide mentoring to help grow their leadership skills, planning, problem-solving, management and career development goals.
- Support and develop interpersonal communication strategies with the team and board/supporting organization.
- Be available for regular check-ins (every two weeks or as determined by the consultant).
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ (minimum) experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with executive coaching and team building.
- Spanish language skills are preferred.
- Cultural orientation / adaptivity to El Salvador and the NGO work values, needs, roles and communication styles.
- Experience with individual and organizational assessment tools.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, high pressure environments and strict timelines.
- Experience working in a fast-growth company or start-up environment.
- Professional capability to conduct industry research, identify best practices, and customize solutions to audience needs.
- NGO and/or USAID or other donor international (field) experience desired.
Qualified applicants should send a resume/CV with a cover letter outlining qualifications by December 1, 2022 via the link provided. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.