NPI - USAID A&A Specialist Consultant (Reviewer)
Position Title: USAID A&A Specialist Consultant (Reviewer
Minimum Education and Experience: BA/BS and 15 years of relevant experience.
Substitutions and Equivalents: Masters and 12 years of relevant experience, OR JD/ABD and 10 years of relevant experience, OR PhD and 8 years of relevant experience.
Anticipated Start Date: December 1, 2023 or December 8, 2023
Project: Partnerships Incubator
Level of Effort/Hours: Part-time Consultancy (40-80 hours)
Project Director: Donna Vincent Roa, Ph.D., ABC, CDPMⓇ
Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge, innovative technologies, and business models to drive development.
We are hiring a highly motivated USAID Acquisition & Assistance (A&A) Specialist Consultant (Reviewer) looking to create a social impact in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. This position is for the USAID-funded Partnerships Incubator project, which started in October 2019 and ends on September 30, 2024.
About the Partnerships Incubator
USAID aims to diversify its partner base by removing barriers to engagement and creating avenues for new and nontraditional partners to work with the Agency. The Partnerships Incubator was set up as a global service hub to address this need by amplifying USAID’s external communications efforts to strengthen and diversify the Agency’s partner base, expanding Agency capacity for partnerships, and supporting partner organizations working with USAID.
The Partnerships Incubator works with USAID headquarters and Missions to identify and engage new and local partners, provide training and capacity-strengthening assistance, and develop tools, resources, and models to advance USAID’s partnership goals. The project also designed, developed, and launched WorkwithUSAID.org, a free, USAID-funded resource hub designed to connect partners to peers and experts, improve their organizational readiness, and prepare them to receive USAID funding.
The USAID A&A Specialist Consultant (Reviewer) will work closely with the Bureau for Management, Office of Acquisition & Assistance, and its A&A Lab in its efforts to advance innovative procurement solutions for USAID needs. This role requires a deep understanding of USAID operations, a commitment to project success within the USAID framework, and a results-oriented approach.
- Review research conducted by Senior A&A Specialist consultants on open sources over a range of contracting issues. Research could include, for example, review of GAO cases, GAO or various IG audits, reports of various contracting associations, and interested stakeholders.
- Review guidelines, samples, and/or templates developed by Senior A&A Specialist consultants for Designated Contract Actions Types to facilitate the adaptation of innovative contract methods.
- Contribute to the development of training and materials for 1-2 hour long virtual courses discussing various contracting modalities or concepts (contingent on budget availability).
- Collaborate with USAID personnel and teams.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS and 15 years of relevant experience, OR Masters and 12 years of relevant experience, OR JD/ABD and 10 years of relevant experience, OR PhD and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with FAR, CFR, ADS, AIDAR, and the USAID-implementing partner paradigm is required.
- Experience with complex procurement activities for USAID contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of USAID A&A processes and procedures and a full understanding of USG laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing each type of A&A mechanism is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of general USAID operations, regulations, and requirements.
- Adaptability to evolving USAID guidelines.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work in multiple cultures, highly motivated, self-starting, intellectually curious, flexible, a passion for learning, and deeply committed to social impact.
- Knows the importance and relevance of taking initiative and being a problem solver.
- Strong interest and ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- Strong interest and experience in international development.
Qualified applicants should send a resume/CV with a cover letter (let your writing skills shine - please delight us) outlining qualifications by November 28 via the link provided. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note: All current employees are contracted through September 2024. The stated term of employment is aligned with the fifth year of our contract.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.