The objective of the Djibouti CEAA Activity is to strengthen citizens’ participation and advocacy for more responsive governance to priority public needs.
The CEAA Activity has three Intermediate Results (IRs) that will be implemented:
- IR1: Strengthened Enabling Environment for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- IR2: Increased Capacity and Effectiveness of CSOs to Advocate for Local Government Accountability and Transparency in Service Delivery
- IR3: Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Prevention and Mitigation Promoted with Special Emphasis on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
The Operations Coordinator will report to the Director of Finance and Admin. S/he will be responsible for to oversee and execute the day-to-day activities to ensure that CEAA operations run smoothly. S/he will be responsible to oversee compliance of operations, manage the office logistics, and vehicles. S/he will be responsible to ensure Kaizen processes are followed and implemented on daily operations. Specific duties include:
- Assisting with the management of daily operational activities
- Preparing and maintaining operations documents and manuals
- Assists with financial tasks
- Managing office supplies and the maintenance of office equipment and vehicles
- Maintain effective office information management systems including files, hardware, software, and technical support
- Maintain the regular updating of the office inventory and grants if needed
- Supervise and manage the Drivers
- Ensure compliance of operations per USAID regulations, Kaizen processes and other laws and regulations
- Performing administrative tasks, such as making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, assisting in recruitment
- Arranging and assisting with the onboarding of new employees
- Planning and organizing conferences, events, staff meetings and/or training, and employee engagement activities
- Assisting with project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues
- The above may necessitate the Operations Coordinator stepping in to expedite official errands, provide or ensure some health and safety, cleaning, and office maintenance services as and when it becomes necessary;
- Collaborate with the Drivers and to supervise the office cleaning contractors and other personnel as assigned by the Director of Finance and Admin for an effective office management process.
- Support the accountant when needed
- Other tasks as reasonably assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of experience in office management or an administrative role, preferably for an international development organization
- He or she will have experience managing support staff and have demonstrable experience establishing and maintaining effective office information management systems including files, hardware, software, and technical support.
- The candidate will also have experience with employee onboarding including arrangements for interviews and consultant agreements. He or she will preferably have familiarity with USAID safety and security procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.