Chief of Party
The Kaizen Company seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated $10-$25M USAID/Pakistan She Leads, Pakistan Rises activity. The activity aims to increase women’s participation in Pakistan’s economy by supporting women-led businesses (WLBs) including start-ups and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME). The activity will focus on increasing access to finance; access to digital technology; improving operational performance and supply chain linkages; and developing the entrepreneurship ecosystem that will enable WLBs to start, expand, and innovate. The anticipated five-year activity is expected to start early 2024.
- Overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate to meet the project objectives;
- Drives the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high-quality services;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day activity technical implementation and program management;
- Lead work planning and oversee all project management systems including finance and administration, human resources;
- Ensure the USAID compliance and integrity of program operations;
- Supervise senior staff including hiring, mentoring local staff, and consultant engagement;
- Establish good working relationships with relevant government entities, women’s organizations, private sector stakeholders including banks, microfinance organizations and other donor agencies.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, international development, and/or related fields.
- At least 15 years of experience leading activities in economic growth, business development, investments, and business advisory.
- Demonstrated understanding of the gender gaps in Pakistan and opportunities presented in different regions/provinces.
- Understanding of the legal framework and provincial regulations on gender and businesses.
- Private sector experience working in financial inclusion and/or entrepreneurship development.
- Prior experience collaborating with senior-level counterparts in Pakistan’s public and private sectors.
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs, preferred.
- Fluency in English and Urdu.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.