Technical Advisor: Health Financing
Ukraine Furthering Health Reform (FHR) Activity:
Technical Advisor: Health Financing
Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company (Kaizen) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven development and spur sustainable entrepreneurship and investments. We leverage existing knowledge, new technologies, local peer networks, and innovative business models to support local reforms that are sustained through market forces.
Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 200 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in emerging markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, health, finance, agriculture, governance, economic growth, energy and environment, and water.
Kaizen is searching for a Technical Advisor for the new Ukraine Furthering Health Reform (FHR) Activity. The goals of this activity are to strengthen sustainable health financing and governance of healthcare, improve health workforce capacity, expand reach and capacities of digital health platforms driving transparency and accountability, strengthen enabling environments for private sector engagement in healthcare system modernization, and strengthen public support for the health reform implementation.
The Technical Advisor: Health Financing will have expertise in best international practices in financing complex, decentralized health systems. The technical advisor will (1) work closely with the Project Director to further financing changes consistent Ukraine’s ongoing health reforms and the Program of Medical Guarantees, (2) advise stakeholders on directions for the next phase of health financing reforms, and (3) identify appropriate market-based solutions for providing high-quality, affordable, and accessible healthcare services throughout Ukraine. The Technical Advisor will also work closely with key Ukrainian stakeholders, including counterparts in relevant Ministries (e.g., Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance), Agencies (e.g., National Health Service of Ukraine, National Procurement Agency, State Enterprise Center of Public Health of the Ministry of Health), non-governmental/civil society/community-based organizations; and private sector actors. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Provide technical oversight of the project’s health financing technical assistance activities
- Liaise with national and subnational level ministry, NHSU, health care facility, and other staff to understand needs and shape health financing project activities
- Represent project’s health financing activities to external stakeholders
- Present at and attend related conferences to share Ukraine’s experience and learn from other health financing reforms.
- At least 7 years of experience in health financing.
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID programming.
- Proven experience designing, implementing, and iterating on complex health financing interventions in a decentralized, mixed health system.
- At least 7 years of senior field management experience demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Advanced degree in health economics, economics, medicine, nursing, public health, health policy, or related fields.
- Fluency in English oral and written communication. Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is preferred.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- PhD in a related field
- Experience in Ukraine, former Soviet Countries, or in the Eastern European region.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.