Project Assistant - Partnerships Incubator
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Position: Project Assistant
Anticipated Start Date: late January - mid February 2022
Kaizen Project: USAID’s Partnerships Incubator
Reports to: Project Director
Project Director: Donna Vincent Roa, Ph.D., ABC, CDPMⓇ
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge, new technologies, and innovative business models.
Kaizen is hiring a highly motivated early career professional who is looking to create social impact in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. We are seeking applications for a Project Assistant for the USAID-funded Partnerships Incubator, a four-year project which started in October 2019.
About the Partnerships Incubator
USAID aims to diversify its partner base by removing barriers to engagement and creating avenues for new and underutilized partners to work with the Agency. The Partnerships Incubator was set up as a global service hub to address this need by amplifying USAID’s external communications efforts to strengthen and diversify the Agency’s partner base, expanding Agency capacity for partnerships, and supporting partner organizations working with USAID. The Partnerships Incubator works with USAID headquarters and Missions to identify and engage new and local partners, provide training and capacity-building assistance, and develop tools, resources, and models to advance USAID’s partnership goals. The project recently launched WorkwithUSAID.org, a free, USAID-funded resource hub designed to connect partners to peers and experts, improve their organizational readiness, and prepare them to receive USAID funding.
The Project Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support the Partnerships Incubator Project Director in their daily work and oversight of the project. They will also serve as a utility and rapid response contributor to other Incubator activities. The Project Assistant will:
- Support the Project Director in managing her calendar and serve as note-taker in weekly team meetings, monthly client meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Project Director, in coordination with the Finance & Operations team.
- Support project budget tasks in coordination with the Finance & Operations team.
- Contribute content and editing support to quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct research on various topics related to the international development field or research on vendors for web development, translation services, and other services depending on the needs of the project.
- Format information for internal and external communication, including presentations and reports.
- Collaborate with Incubator staff, interns, and consultants across the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and one year (minimum) of relevant experience.
- Comfortable with a project environment that appreciates initiative, personal ownership of work portfolios, and an entrepreneurial mindset and behaviors.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in multiple cultures, highly motivated, self-starting, intellectually curious, flexible, a passion for learning, and deeply committed to social impact.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional communication, knowledge management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Be able to successfully serve on a fully teleworking team.
- Familiarity or experience with USAID and/or the USAID-implementing partner paradigm is a plus.
- Expansive experience with Google Suite.
- Additional language skills are a plus, in particular Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Qualified applicants should send a resume/CV with a well-written cover letter (let your writing skills shine - please delight us). Candidates that are elevated to the final interview stage will be required to provide the contact details of three references. Applicants who do not submit all requirements will not be considered for the position. The deadline to submit is January 31, 2022.
No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note: This position is contingent upon USAID execution of additional funding.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.