Accounting Coordinator/Accounts Receivable
The Accounting Coordinator/Accounts Receivable reports to the Senior Accounting Coordinator/Accounts Receivable and performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties related to Kaizen’s contracts with federal and private-sector customers. This position is responsible for the billing of customers, the collection and application of cash receipts, the follow-up on any discrepancies or customer concerns, assisting the Associate Manager/Accounts Receivable and Senior Accounting Coordinator/Accounts Receivable with monthly close, and generating relevant reports such as the AR aging. This position also works directly with field office accounts to ensure accuracy and compliance with Kaizen policies. The Accounting Coordinator/Accounts Receivable role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to help lay the foundation for strong accounting systems and to grow with The Kaizen Company.
- Prepare and review monthly invoices for Kaizen’s clients
- Review field office GL reports and corresponding receipt packages on a monthly basis ensuring that reporting methods and supporting documentation conform to USAID regulations and Kaizen policies
- Maintain digital contract billing files
- Troubleshoot accounting and finance questions from the field offices as needed
- Utilize QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel to perform duties and responsibilities
- Apply cash receipts to outstanding AR accounts daily
- Assist with special accounting projects, including annual audits, as requested
- Organize and maintain retention files for required period of time
- Experience with federal clients, including USAID and the Department of State a plus, but not required
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or Oracle a plus, but not required
Qualification and Requirements:
- Associate or Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting or accounting support role
- Excellent critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter; strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
Note: We may hire multiple candidates from this recruit, and may hire at different levels of seniority, based on candidate experience.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.