The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven development and spur sustainable entrepreneurship and investments. We leverage existing knowledge, new technologies, local peer networks, and innovative business models to support local reforms that are sustained through market forces.
Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 200 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in emerging markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, health, finance, agriculture, governance, economic growth, energy and environment, and water.
Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is searching for a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia Private Sector Engagement Accelerator Program. The COP is the leader of the contract team, and is responsible for overall strategic leadership, planning, implementation, technical and results management and delivery of project activities. The COP must ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget.
The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have led interventions and strategies to enhance organizational health from within the US Government, private sector, and other organizations. Expected responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership with principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract.
- Serves as primary liaison and representative to USAID/Indonesia on behalf of the project.
- Lead the strategic engagement of the private sector in program activities.
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Supervise team of local staff and short-term national and international consultants.
- Provide technical leadership to drive organizational health and operational performance of the USAID/Indonesia Mission.
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to private sector development. In circumstances where a candidate possesses exceptional relevant experience (as defined as a minimum of 10 years of experience) but lacks a graduate degree, relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience managing complex private sector development programs in a developing country, preferably in Indonesia or South Asia.
- Previous work experience in Indonesia.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory role with projects of similar size and complexity.
- Experience at an accelerator or similar ecosystem organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; oral and written fluency in Indonesian is desirable.
At The Kaizen Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. The Kaizen Company is an equal opportunity employer.