Human Resources and Office Manager
Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
We are seeking a Human Resources and Office Manager for the Ethiopia Learning Analytics Activity. The Human Resources and Office Manager will be a long-term position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and working out of the Activity office. This position will be responsible for the operations and human resources duties of the Activity, manager four staff members (i.e., the Human Resources & Administrative Officer, three project Drivers), and report to the Director of Finance & Operations.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement a set of Standard Operating Procedures for recruiting local and international staff and consultants based on the Kaizen recruitment process.
- Coordinate project staff hiring with Kaizen HQ for all long and short-term hiring, including the development and updating of job descriptions, screening of applicants, conducting interviews, collecting and reviewing vetting documentation, and drafting staff and consultant agreements and other HR documentation in line with USAID and internal policies and procedures
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/etc.
- Organize and coordinate competitive recruitment examinations
- Onboard new employee to become fully integrated into the Activity team
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees on policies and procedures
- Monitoring employee performance according to their roles and responsibilities
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information and time sheets.
- Lead the annual review process ensuring all staff complete the review process in accordance with Kaizen and Activity policies and procedures
- Work with the finance team to ensure payroll is processed accordingly and on time
- Maintaining staff records
- Managing employee benefits, including the procurement, negotiation, and coordination of benefits with vendors.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Manage coordination of department services and functions relating to personnel data administration and maintenance, including information and document flow for local country office staff, assistance with recruitment, orientation, and training
- Ensure both long term and short-term staff are process efficiently and in line with Kaizen and Activity policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Establish and maintain filing systems for the office including both electronic and hard copy files. Support program staff in maintaining program records, including office expenses.
- Maintain a list of contacts including vendors, contractors, service providers, relevant government agencies, landlords as well as ensure that the contact information is current; liaise and conduct negotiations
- Support and plan Activity events, ensure the provision of logistical and administrative support before, during and after program events, including venue booking.
- BSc in Human Resources Management or related field
- Minimum of eight years’ experience with human resources, recruitment, or similar administrative duties
- Demonstrated ability to conduct different types of interviews (e.g., structured, competency-based)
- Experience with various selection processes (e.g., video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check)
- Familiarity with HR databases, recruiting software, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of USAID
- Knowledge of Ethiopian labor law
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.