The Kaizen Company is seeking an experienced Administrative Coordinator for the Technical Assistance for Sub-Saharan Africa (TASA) Support Program in Sudan, funded by USAID/OTI. This will be a full-time position based in Khartoum, Sudan with significant regional travel throughout Sudan.
About The Kaizen Company
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
USAID/OTI TASA Overview
The TASA Support Program in Sudan supports a Senior Transition Advisor (STA) who will represent and serve as a liaison between USAID/OTI and a wide array of individuals and institutions including U.S. Government representatives, international organizations, and the non-government community working abroad on political transition, conflict and post-conflict issues in the region. The STA is based in Khartoum and conducts significant travel throughout Sudan. An experienced Administrative Coordinator is needed to provide in-country logistical and operational support to the STA.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide on-call assistance to the STA on operational, financial, and logistical matters
- Arrange local travel logistics in coordination with the security office for the STA within Khartoum and regionally within Sudan
- Provide oversight in the management of vehicle repairs and maintenance, fuel consumption, vehicle reporting, and other operational functions as needed.
- Assist with administrative support as needed, such as local procurement, basic translation, and inventory.
- Schedule regular and ad hoc meetings, including reserving venues, preparing agendas, notifying participants, and setting up equipment
- Manage petty cash and other basic financial and accounting functions as needed in-country
- Procure goods and services in-country, liaise with vendors, ensure the completeness and accuracy of procurement records
- Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. government, and Kaizen procurement and finance policies
- Report directly to the STA but must also maintain open lines of communication with the Home Office Program Management Unit
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project operations and logistics with international donors
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations, or international development preferred
- Knowledge of USAID project cycle, agency policies, and regulations and reporting requirements is preferred
- Familiarity with the local Sudanese context, including travel restrictions, security considerations, prospective vendors etc.
- Professional driving/chauffeur experience preferred
- Fluency in Sudanese Arabic and professional proficiency in English
- Eligibility to work in Sudan
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.