The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com), an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities, seeks candidates for a full-time, Program Manager position based in Washington, DC. As a part of the Operations Team, the Program Manager will serve as the lead home office project manager for specific donor-funded programs, and lead and/or support proposals, corporate initiatives, and Kaizen’s core team in the home office.
The Program Manager will also support Kaizen's new business development efforts and contribute to strategic initiatives. The position requires a self-starter with a high level of flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of duties of various priority levels, with an emphasis on project management tasks. The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and an interest in working for a small business in a fast-paced environment.
Illustrative responsibilities and qualifications for the position are listed below:
- Serve as Home Office Program Manager for donor-funded programs including overseeing overall operational backstopping, managing project budgets, working on a regular basis with international field offices to ensure financial and contractual compliance, managing field personnel and subcontracts, and liaising with the client and partners on operational issues.
- Contributing to and supporting program technical work, work plans, and M&E plans as needed or appropriate
- Support Kaizen’s proposal development efforts, including recruitment of key and other personnel, proposal coordination and management, writing sections of the technical proposal, preparing cost proposals and budgets, and liaising with partners.
- Lead Kaizen’s recruitment efforts across multiple initiatives and programs, and where needed provide support to other Kaizen staff to lead their own recruits
- Contribute to select Kaizen strategic initiatives and projects, to potentially include an organizational Management Information System, Kaizen innovation concepts, content creation for ongoing program web portals and communities of practice, among other areas as needed.
- Assist with select financial and human resource-related home office tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, at least 2 of which include project management of USAID-funded programs, and ideally include experience with USAID new business development and/or recruiting, managing multi-year program budgets, and familiarity with FAR, AIDAR and ability to learn other USG regulations that apply to Kaizen's current and upcoming initiatives.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely with a wide variety of stakeholders around the world
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to balance a diverse set of tasks of varying priorities with limited oversight
- Motivation and interest in growing with our small, but rapidly expanding firm and supporting the pursuit of Kaizen’s vision, mission, and values
Here at The Kaizen Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. The Kaizen Company is an equal opportunity employer.