Accounting Coordinator/Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Washington, DC, DC
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The Accounting Coordinator/FP&A reports to the Accounting Manager/FP&A and will support FP&A efforts at Kaizen. This position is responsible for supporting the budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis process at Kaizen. This position also works directly with project management teams to ensure forecasting accuracy and reporting. The Accounting Coordinator/FP&A role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to help build out the FP&A function and to grow with The Kaizen Company.
- Support the Accounting Manager/FP&A in providing close financial support to Operations and Project Management teams.
- Support the development, maintenance and oversight of implementation of forecasting tools for individual projects.
- Perform variance analysis for actual vs budget and actual vs projections.
- Analyze past financial performance and forecasts to develop insight and identify trends in support of strategy development and implementation.
- Identify issues or lessons-learned that can be useful in improving financial planning and forecasting accuracy.
- Review profit and loss of contracts and work with Operations to mitigate risks.
- Report of rolling forecast of the portfolio cost and revenue to Executive Management, for decision-making.
- Track performance against key indicators for sustained project financial health, profitability and forecasting accuracy.
- Report on financial health of the contracts and enterprise-wide financial status.
- Deliver trainings to project management staff to improve their understanding of project financial management.
- Ensure compliance with finance and accounting controls and systems.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks related to finance as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant field.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in financial analysis, financial management or related field.
- Excel skills for budgeting/forecasting, financial management and/or financial analysis.
- Ability to work with number of different teams.
- Data analytic skills preferred.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.