Learning Analytics Director
Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
We are seeking a Learning Analytics Director to lead the delivery and innovation of learning, monitoring, and evaluation (LME) efforts for the Ethiopia Learning Analytics Activity. The purpose of this activity is to bolster the capacity of USAID/Ethiopia to work towards a Mission-wide systematic and intentional approach to learning. The Activity will improve data management and help the Mission to make timely decisions in program design and implementation. The Activity will enable wider collective impact of USAID and other partners – thereby better meeting the Development Objectives outlined in the Mission's Country Development & Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The Learning Analytics Director will also ensure GESI mainstreaming through all Activity programming, in close collaboration with the Senior Management Team. The Learning Analytics Director will manage a Learning Analytics team consisting of eight full-time team members (i.e., six Learning Analytics Specialists, a Marketplace Manager, and a Communications & Knowledge Management Specialist), collaborate regularly with supporting teams dedicated to Evidence and Technology, Data, & Analytics led by international subcontractor with industry-leading capabilities, receive support from a network of local service providers as needed, and report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Location: Addis Ababa
Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all Learning Analytics team members
- Develop and maintain close collaborative relationships with all Mission Offices, prioritized USAID implementing partners, the Activity’s LME and technology partners, prioritized Government of Ethiopia entities, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., other donors)
- Ensure the Activity’s learning, monitoring, and evaluation resources and “menu” of offerings are aligned with the Mission’s short-term and long-term needs and utilized optimally
- Lead the design and implement the Activity’s LME strategies and initiatives – in close consultation with each Mission Office including
- Raise awareness and build knowledge of new and emerging LME approaches and capabilities available to the Mission
- Oversee and assure quality of all LME initiatives and deliverables
- Drive the application of Lean Innovation and Agile Product Development (as appropriate) across all Activity programming – while building Mission staff capacity for innovation
- Lead the development of three new institutions to expand USAID’s engagement in innovative learning analytics with other partners and to enable the sustainability of those effort – namely a Center for Development Learning & Innovation, a Learning Analytics Community of Practice, and a Learning Analytics Marketplace for Local Service Providers
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of seven years’ experience with LME or related functions; or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of ten years’ experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience with team management
- A minimum of three years’ experience supporting USAID and/or USAID-funded Activities with a full range of LME services and support
- Experience and expertise in emerging LME practices – particularly using a wide range of evidence to support real time decision making
- Strong Client service skills with a successful track record of promoting collaboration across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills for planning and execution – driven to produce high quality work on time
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively – plus, respond with to changing priorities and circumstances with flexibility and agility
- Experience and expertise in Lean innovation and Agile product development
- Experience supporting USAID Missions
- Familiarity with East African operating environments
- Experience working and living in a developing country
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.