DEI Specialist Consultant
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven, organizational and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Kaizen Company is seeking a remote DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Specialist to provide short term technical support in collaboration with Organizational Development Activity (ODA) to the USAID/Uganda’s DEI Committee.
The DEI Specialist will require experience supporting or leading diversity, equity, and inclusion activities in Uganda. The ideal candidate will have led interventions to enhance DEI within donor-funded projects, and/or for organizations (government, private sector, public sector, or other organizations) operating in Uganda specifically. Expected responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with ODA to design and facilitate activities (i.e. focus group discussions, surveys) to identify and validate DEI activities that would make a meaningful difference for the USAID/Uganda Mission internally and its performance
- Provide technical inputs to advise on relevant DEI issues, challenges, and opportunities within the Ugandan context
- Support the Organizational Development (OD) Specialist in clarifying tangible goals and activities for the DEI committee to champion with the Mission
- Provide design, facilitation, and analysis support alongside ODA to validate the overall approach and provide online in-session survey support and analysis
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience supporting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, preferably in Uganda
- University degree in sociology, diversity, equity, and inclusion, gender and social inclusion, or other related fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.