Call for Experts: Pakistan Climate Smart Agriculture
Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company (Kaizen), is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and sustainable. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces. As a member of Tetra Tech, Kaizen can leverage the considerable resources and technical expertise of over 21,000 employees globally.
Scope and Objectives
Kaizen is seeking technical experts to serve in several roles for an anticipated $16M, four-year USAID/Pakistan Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Activity starting on/around August 2023. The overarching objective of the CSA Activity is sustainable growth in the agricultural sector through private sector investment. This objective will be achieved through three sub-objectives:
- Identify/introduce and promote CSA technologies and practices for adaptation.
- Increase the resilience and coping capacity of smallholder farmers; with consideration to women involved in agriculture value chain, identifying, highlighting, and addressing the challenges faced by women in the wake of climate change (CC) and in adapting the CSA techniques.
- Create an enabling environment to promote public and private sector investment in research and innovation systems, leverage resources and build synergies to amplify impact, and strengthen institutional response to CC.
Candidates will be considered for inclusion in Kaizen’s proposal with employment being contingent upon contract award. Pakistani candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidates who will be considered for next steps must meet the qualification requirements below, and will have technical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Climate adaptation technologies
- Modern agricultural technologies related to climate change
- Community resiliency programming especially with farmers
- Private sector investments in Agriculture and Climate Change
- Capacity strengthening of agriculture actors and institutions, including government officials and departments
- Capacity strengthening of small holder farmers, including women involved in the agriculture value chain
- Research and innovation investment to develop new climate smart technologies
- A Master’s Degree in climate science, agriculture, environmental policies, business administration, international development, or other related fields.
- At least 8 years of experience working in agriculture, climate resilience, climate adaptation, or other programs related to technologies in agriculture
- Experience working on donor-funded projects
- Knowledge of Pakistan’s agriculture sector, and specific actors in climate-smart technologies, required.
- Cognizant of recent climate challenges faced by agriculture sector in Pakistan
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Fluency in Urdu required.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.